Friday 23 November 2012

Taay it to the bone!

They say that Rap music is an acquired taste and I guess they'd be right. I don't actually know who "they" are, my guess is that they refers to the general minds of the world. I suppose though, it's not everybody's cup of tea. Me? I like the odd bit here and there and I do have a place in my heart for Scottish Rap, I have no idea why but something about it just sits very well with me.

You may remember a couple of months back I spoke with "Taay" about his future prospects and where he was headed now that the "Underdog Theory" are no more and at that point he was pretty unsure about how long it would be until he picked up the microphone again. Well................that moment has come.

Taay's first release is "The Mirror" and I couldn't wait to listen to it. It seems like eons ago since I last heard anything new coming from this section of space and time and now it had arrived.

Mirrors is a great re-awakening from Taay, it combines the raw sound of the underground and mainstream hip-hop and creates something not too far removed from Ray Cash or Roots Manuva (certain aspects at least)

Rather than change his Modus Operandi to adapt to the current musical landscape Taay has updated the music and really remained true to the lyrical values that make him such a talented artist. Listening to Taay you can take in every beat of the track and every lyric that comes with it. The production is very well thought out and it really just allows him to sink in to the sounbed and perform in his laid back style.

"The Mirror" is a very focused track and it really is like a comeback track and a re-introduction to an artist who's talent has unlimited and untapped potential, I think we haven't yet scratched the surface of what Taay is fully capable of.

All in all a great comeback track and definitely worth a listen.

Check out the facebook page and give "The Mirror" a listen

https://www.facebook.com/TaayOfficial

No comments:

Post a Comment