Tuesday 20 November 2012

Nicole Hope

Sometimes when I'm working I like to trawl through the music world of SoundClound and see if I can get any inspiration. A lot of the time I find an artist, I listen to them and then I move on. It's not not necessarily because they aren't good at what they do, it's more to do with the fact that they don't excite me. I need music to hit a button, to make me go back and listen to it again and again. So for all the hundreds of acts I've came across, there's possibly a ratio of 1:20 who actually make me listen again. Tonight, I was working away on Festival Applications and doing the usual "trawling" and I found a couple of good artists who I would certainly recommend but there is one who truly sticks out.................Nicole Hope.

I had never heard of Nicole Hope before tonight and I really wish that wasn't the case. The first song on her SoundCloud page was "Innocent" and it is such a powerful piece of music. It is so simplistic, with only vocals and piano, yet it really gets a message across. Her voice is one of those voices that sends a shiver up your spine. There isn't much to the music, but with the vocals as strong as they are, that doesn't really matter. Towards the end of the track you are introduced to some vocal harmonies which only adds an extra dimension to a track that is already so well written and performed.


The next track I listened to was "Rise" and once again, it is so simplistic, vocals and piano are the only things present here. This song can really show the range of what Nicole has. The song holds to a very simple instrumentation and is constructed in a very simple manner that allow Nicoles expressive voice to develop the story in which she is singing about. According to the SoundCloud page, Nicole is just 19 yet her voice is so much more mature than that.


It's such a good feeling to know that such amazing voices still exist around us, if only they got the attention that they deserved.


Nicole Hope is one for the future. I can pretty much guarantee it.



http://soundcloud.com/nicolehope

No comments:

Post a Comment