Sunday 11 November 2012

And now for something completely different

I'm partial to a bit of metal, not many people are these days but I like to get the auld head bouncing around like a vibrator in a washing machine. Good metal bands are hard to come by, at the moment most of the bands that get together to create the stuff just put out a track that is heavy on the over drive and light on actual music so it's refreshing to come across a band that I actually like.

Chaos are a new Ayrshire metal band fronted by Anna Carina Mcvicar who's vocals would not be misplaced on any other style of music, her tones could quite easily be transferred over to melodic acoustic music but they also fit perfectly with what "Chaos" are trying to achieve.

I was sent over two tracks the first being "Running Away" and if truth be told, the track is well constructed with some good riffs but I feel that there is something lacking. I don't think that "Running Away" is quite the finished article yet, but never the less it is still a reasonably good song and definitely worth listening to.


Second was "Let Me Go" and this is where I got my fix. The song begins with a drum introduction that wouldn't be out of place on a "Veil of Maya" track. From there the song progresses with some strong guitar riffs courtesy of Michael Drysdale. When Anna's vocals kick in the whole piece just fits perfectly into place. A very strong debut outing from the new band, everything from the percussion, through the vocals right down to the trills are well crafted and structurally the song couldn't be any better. I have a feeling that witnessing this track live could make it one of the tracks to make the most impact during a "Chaos" set.


When it comes to Metal, it's not my first choice of listening but I do enjoy it. "Chaos" are now in my "ones to watch" for 2013 and I'm looking forward to hearing what they'll come out with next.


www.facebook.com/chaosofficialmusic

1 comment: