Saturday 28 July 2012

Another year older and still staying young!

It's an awful feeling, wakening up on your birthday and almost instantly feeling like you've aged a hell of a lot. I swear when I woke up this morning I gained arthritis in my pinky!


In the 12 months since my last birthday I've witnessed a hell of a lot in the music scene. I've watched 2 radio stations appear, one magnificent (which leaving it is probably one of my biggest regrets) and one that I now wish I hadn't wasted my time with.......although if I had it my way things would be different.


I've saw some absolutely outstanding musicians come to the forefront of Ayrshire Music for example; Stonehouse Violets, Brown Bear and the Bandits, Johnny Graham, Anna Sweeney and so many more.


I put together a backing band and performed at King Tuts in the space of 4 days, getting the "Best Support of the night" review. On the same night I also found a love for a band called Phantom Limb, a band who made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.


I've saw some amazing gigs put together for Charities and been privilaged to be a part of them.


I've made some amazing new friends in music and at the same time lost a few. Although to be fair the ones who I've lost I couldn't actually give a flying f**k about!


I've been part of some amazing debates about music.......pay to play......sham promoters......and just some general abuse aswell.


I've realised one thing though in the last 12 months and that's this.........there is no better time to get into music. Right now at this very moment the music scene is booming. So many people say there's nothing going on well frankly they need to open their fucking eyes and ears!


If the last 12 months are anything to go by then the next 12 months are going to blow everyone away.
What's next for Ayrshire Music? Well my guesses are this.......Brown Bear and the Bandits and Stonehouse Violets are going to be massive come the 28th of July 2013........We will have a lot more Anna Sweeneys and Mel Kels.........one thing that won't change though is my love for this music scene. The sad thing is, unless you're part of it you don't truly understand how beautiful it is!


Anyway I'm away to drown my sorrows about getting old :(

No comments:

Post a Comment