Thursday 26 July 2012

Mechanical Smile


Once again, the old blogs are still there http://undergrounduncovered.blogspot.co.uk/ go have a wee cheeky read.

Does anyone remember at the start of this year, I had a slight obsession with a little Kilmarnock based band called Mechanical Smile ...... mmmmmmmmmmmMechanical Smile!!!!
The band who I just couldn't get enough of, Mechanical Smile literally excited me more than Megan Fox in her knickers! I've avoided writing anything about them purely for the fact that I don't know if I could contain mysef when talking about them, but the time has come and I have to put down my honest opinions about the Machine that is Mechanical Smile.

I remember when I first heard Mechanical Smile, I'll be honest I wasn't that keen. Something just didn't sit right with me. It wasn't the abdn themselves so to speak it was the song "Kaleidoscope" I like excitement in songs and that song just didn't do it for me. I don't know whether it was the music itself or the fact that in my mind they were singing about an instrument you look through. Maybe it was because I was having a bad day, whatever the reason I instantly disliked this band and that is perhaps where I made my mistake.

Roll forward a few weeks and a throw in a radio show and that's when I heard "Close Your Eyes" and BOOM!! my first thought was "this band are amazing" and I instantly regretted being so quick to judge them before. I knew right there and then that I had to listen to every MS song that I could get a hold of, I had to go and see them live, infact I had to make love to them! Strangley the last one never came to fruition! From that moment I was hooked.

First off you have Dawn, a voice that just blows your mind. It's not conventional, it's not pop orientated, it's not what you expect but it's amazing and unique.


Garry and Nic on Guitar and Bass are truly outstanding. I don't want to sit here and get all excited about what this band do, because quite frankly I'd be here for days and it would turn into a love letter to the band!
 "Dear Mechanical Smile, can I have your babies please"


Murray on the drums is (in one word) Magnifitasticful. It's people who play drums in that way that make me love the old pots and pans so much.

The whole band comes together so perfectly, whether live or on recording! They have massive things in their future and I'm so glad that I knew them before I need to pay a fortune to get into a gig.

Go and check them out, for your own sake and for the good of mankind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment