Thursday 12 July 2012

A new start?

So I've had to create a new blog page, which ultimately I'm rather unhappy about. All my best work was on my other page, remember that one about the wee old guy who went to the gig? Yeah it's there, the posts are still there so go and check them out http://undergrounduncovered.blogspot.co.uk/


Anyway, it's time to start again. New blog, new vision, new sense of honesty!


I might make people cry, I might make the smile, I might make them laugh or (as has been the way for the last 4 weeks) I might get in a drunken stupor and be verbally abusive about everyone!


I think the drink quite possibly took it's toll on me, as you can imagine it's not everyday you get majorly excited when your irish friend brings you in a new pair of shows, so excited that you start doing a dance and insist on going for a walk. Well that was the stage I was at this morning. In the last 4 weeks I've been drunk and at a party with someone from pretty much every nationality and no matter who I'm with or where they're from I always turn the conversation back to Local Music. It's not because I don't have anything else to talk about, it's because I love it. There is no music scene in the world like the one we're privilaged to be part of right now. From the "Newbies" like Anna Sweeney to the resident "Golden Oldies" like Little Fire this music scene is thriving no matter what anyone says.


So how about we talk about someone who we've not really spoke about before "Sonic Templars"


A band who are by no means short of talented, artistic, energetic and just ooze that sense of "If I was a chick I'd be dropping my scants" -ness


Take "The Human Connection" by far my favourite song of theirs, it's smoothness of the music combined with a voice that I can only describe as "Angelic with a sense of fear" if that makes any sense? It makes sense to me and right now that's all that matters.


Sonic Templars make music like the Colnel makes Chicken........to absolute perfection. I challenge anyone to sit down and listen to them and pick out a fault in their music. Go see them live and pick out an inch of that stage that doesn't feel like it's filled with passion.


The deliverance of every note from when it's played to when it's heard it's a fantastic experience that is not to be missed.


If I was to say one thing about getting to start a whole new blog.........it's that who better to start it with than Sonic Templars!!


In my professional opinion..................................Fucking belter of a band

No comments:

Post a Comment