Saturday 5 January 2013

Reliving my childhood

First off I would like to say congratulations to Brown Bear and the Bandits and The Imagineers for getting into the suns "top tips for 2013" although anyone with any sense would have known that anyway. Both bands just go from strength to strength and it's always a pleasure watching them and listening to their music. 2013 holds big things for both bands, it's now just a formality.

Anyway moving on.

This weekend is the weekend that most of us adults have been looking forward to - "CITV goes Old Skool" two full days of classic television shows from our childhood back to back.

It started off with Mike and Angelo at 9.25 and I have never been so excited to see a childrens tv show in all my life. For me Mike and Angelo was my childhood show. I loved it when it aired and I loved it today, the memories just came flooding back. For those of you who don't know (and if you don't I'm disgusted) the show's about a boy and an alien who lives with him. Angelo being the Alien and Mike being the boy, not hard to deduce but sometimes our brains don't function. There's no story arc as such and most of what happens on screen is a load of nonsense but by god I can't stop loving that show.

Throughout the course of the marathon so far we've been treated to "Knightmare" "Raggy Dolls" "Super Gran" and even good old "Sooty"

Facebook and Twitter have exploded with people talking about their favourite shows and their favourite episodes. As I type "The Worst Witch" is currently gracing my screen and granted I was never a fan of that show, but I know that my sister loved it. Infact I think most of the girls in my class also loved it.

We've had so many great television shows over the years that when I look at what's on tv now it's so disappointing. I remember when they relaunched "Pinky and Perky" I was so excited and then when I saw it they had turned into a CGI adventure show, gone were the silly puppets and it just made me sad.

We live in a world now where Children watch shows like "Hannah Montana" and "Zoey 101" so I'm hoping that many a parent has sat their child down in front of CITV today and shown them what real childrens television is.

I hope that BBC follow suit someday and do an "Old School" marathon because personally........I'm a playdays kid at heart

No comments:

Post a Comment