Sunday 20 January 2013

Burn the Maps

I love listening to new music and it's even better when that music makes me have a wee dance to myself. Tonight is one of those nights, I'm currently sitting making my upper body listening to "Burn the Maps" a band who until about half an hour ago, I had never heard of. After 2 songs I had made up my mind that this is a band worth writing about and it will just be a short write up, because I really don't have to breathe these days. Also before you all start to say something about my dancing just remember what Friedrich Nietzsche said “Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.” and I have no doubt that as soon as you hear this, you too will be moving.

"Lose Myself" is the first track I listened to and even though the recordings aren't fully produced studio album tracks the music is just fantastic. The song itself is such a simple piece of music but the way it's performed is nothing short of outstanding. I've been sitting trying to work out who "Burn the Maps" remind me of and I've came to the conclussion that it's a cross of early Biffy Clyro and Brown Bear and the Bandits. Which as you can imagine makes for pretty amazing music. 


I will get a proper review done of this band, and I hope that I can make it to a show in the near future but for now I recommend that you go and check them out.


http://www.reverbnation.com/burnthemapsband/songs




No comments:

Post a Comment