Tuesday 15 January 2013

What a start to the year

Sometimes I feel like I don't get time to breathe. I've been so busy with organising the final 6 acts to play at the Showcase in Stereo on February 24th, we had between 150-200 acts enter and 90% of them were outstanding (granted there were a few who sounded like a queef) but we've managed now to get it down to the final 6 who now get a chance to go forward and have a chance to perform at the O2 ABC1 on April 27th supporting Jiezuberband and Preacher.The final 6 are Jay Ingram, The Detours, Suspire, Sonic Templars, Jesus Trip and Dee, and they are outstanding acts, it's going to be a tough call. Myself and Mikey from Jiezuberband announced the acts on Ronnie McGhies show on 3TFM yesterday and it was a great wee show. It was so odd being on the other end of a Radio Interview but I managed to behave myself which I'm pretty proud of.

I'm going to just run through the acts and give you an idea of what they're like:

Jay Ingram is an act who has supported Jiezuberband in the past, this was before I started managing the nutters but having listened to Jay's music I have to say I'm extremely impressed. For a solo performer his music has so much life and soul to it and it has been on my speakers quite often in the last couple of weeks.

The Detours are a band who I have been a big supporter of over the last year both as recording artists and live performers, they can bring such energy to every show.

Suspire are a great band who have had quite a bit of success in recent years. They are another band who have been on my speakers quite often since they applied, definitely a band worth checking out.

Sonic Templars have been a favourite of mine for quite a while now. "Human Connection" is one of my favourite tracks from the last year and so I'm so happy that they made it into the final 6.

Jesus Trip are a band who sound very Psychedelic and I'm really excited to actually see them perform live at the Showcase. They are actually playing as I type this and I can imagine them as being a brilliant set of live performers.

Dee is an act who has really stood out for me recently her music just grabs my attention and pulls me in, and if you read one of my blogs from a few months ago you can find out exactly why.

On top of all of this I've started marketing Tini Designs a local arts company who do Body Painting, Face Painting, Tattoo Designs, Murals, Artwork for Cd's and Books and so much more. So search them on Facebook if you need anything done.


It has been an insane start to the year. Tomorrow is actually my first day where I think I'm going to be able to relax and chill the hell out, although I say that but I know for a fact that I'll be running about like a headless chicken once the phone calls start coming in. I actually told a friend the other day that I "don't have time to shite" and I'm starting to feel that this might actually happen one day, I'll just explode from the inside. However this isn't a complaint, I absolutely love what I do and I wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment