Monday 31 December 2012

Lets get to the other side

When I first started writing a blog (and that seems like light years ago) I never really thought that anyone would read it. For a number of reasons really, the main one being that I always felt nobody thought what I had to say was worth reading. Now I sit here, with 30000+ page views (not counting the old blog site) and I am now having my work published in a newspaper.

It has been without a doubt one hell of a roller coaster of a year.

If you want to read my first "Article" or "Column" whichever you want to call it, you can buy the Irvine Herald this Thursday. I will be, mainly because I just want to see it's real. 

It's a weird feeling, not many people would figure it would mean so much to someone but when you've had a year like 2012, ending it on a high like this is just brilliant. My views on the world in a newspaper? It's mental isn't it!

I'm sitting listening to "Barcelona - Get Up" a song that I haven't listened to in years, well it's not that I haven't wanted to. I heard this song in 2010 and for some reason the name just escaped me and I could not find it anywhere I looked, then I sat yesterday for an hour hunting the internet for it and eventually I found it. It's always great when that happens. 

Tonight is New Years eve, and rather than have a repeat of last year when I woke up on a staircase at 7am with a man wearing a thong and a furry hat wishing me a "Happy New Year" and then disappearing into the night, I'm going to celebrate it with some close friends.

Every year people say that they're going to make changes for the new year. Whether it's giving up smoking or losing weight there's always a plethora of resolutions fly about. I'm not going to make any resolutions this year. I'm going to just make a promise to myself to stay focused on what I have at this moment in time and not let it slip away from me. 

Whatever you end up doing tonight, whether you sit at home with Whisky and Madeira Cake or whether you are in a club bouncing around downing JagerBombs I truly hope you have a great night and I will see you on the other side. May 2013 hold something special in store for you. 

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment