Monday 10 December 2012

Christmas Pimping

It's that time of year where you get two types of songs released. The first is the traditional Christmas Cover, where some musician(s) re-record a famous Christmas Track and are satisfied that they are now in the Christmas Spirit. I myself recorded a version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" last year. The other type, is the new and original Christmas Song. Where someone actually takes time to write and put together a track for the festive period. These are the one's I look forward to. However it's very rare that one of these tracks will get more than one play on my speakers, this year though, I've found a track that has had it's fair share of playing through the old blowers.

Chances are if you're anyone who knows anyone then you'll have been attacked with posts for the video of "Christmas Pimping, Everybody's Gimping" and my hope, is that you have taken the time to watch it.

"Christmas Pimping, Everybody's Gimping" is not your usual Christmas Song and yet at the same time encompasses everything you could want from a Christmas Song. It has the bells jingling in the background, a few "Tra La La's" and copious amounts of references to Santa along the way. Musical wise the song is very simple, there's no over the top instrumentation and the beat is very simple. Lyrical wise, this song is  Christmas Gold. I would however state, that no one listens to this track without opening up your mind to the world of what I now refer to as "Giro Humour" and as you can probably guess from that, the Girobabies do make an appearance. The track features Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5, The Girobabies and The Plimptons.

As much as I had slightly gone off the Girobabies (and someone may need to slap me for that) my faith has been restored. Mainly because they have the best lines of the track. "The police are scum, locked up my" and "stick on a Pogues song and lets get.....single fished" are just a few of my favourites. 


The whole track is a track that is 100% worth listening to and purchasing. Not only is it a great piece of Christmas, but it's also for Charity and if it wasn't worth buying before it definitely is now. 


Christmas is gonna pimp your ass! and it starts here.





Or be a really really nice chap, and buy it here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/christmas-pimping-everybodys/id584451456?i=584451536&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

No comments:

Post a Comment