Thursday 9 August 2012

Dear Stars

Theres always that one band in the back of your mind who you love, but on occassion, forget to mention. Unfortunately for me that band is Dear Stars. I should have spoke about them a long long time ago! I'm actually annoyed at myself for just getting around to it just now.


I first heard of Dear Stars a couple of years ago, when they were a two piece comprising of Billy and Ross. Instantly I fell in love with the music. I was lucky enough to be on the same bill as them at Oxjam at the HAC in Irvine and it is one of my most treasured musical memories. I was stood backstage listening to these two guys put on a performance and show what music is truly about.

Fast forward a year to 2011 and Dear Stars has grown into a 4 piece and Ross is no longer part of the band. I was dubious about seeing these guys as a full band, a doubt I think I expressed to Billy at Harleys in Ayr. however once I witnessed them my mind was satisfied that it was a great decision.

Fast forward another year to 2012 and I'm eagerly anticipating the release of the EP. An EP which quite frankly if it doesn't hurry up I'm going to have to go down south and break into Dom Morleys studio and steal it.

Dears Stars are an energetic and passionate filled band. Who's music can only be described as unique. The mix of Acoustic with Full Band blends in perfectly. Where other bands may struggle to find that perfect sound, Dear Stars has captured it perfectly.

Billys vocals bring each piece of music to life, leaving nothing to the imagination. From the instant he opens his vocal chords you are entranced with what is about to follow. In terms of lyrics, I have rarely heard lyrics so perfectly suited to the music they are being written to. At times I'm tempted to describe it as lyrical genius.

The rest of the band fill the stage with an air of grace. From drums that are never a fraction out of time to the bass with adds the depth that - even though it's not truly needed - gives the music that sense of completion.

Dear Stars are an amazingly talented group, considering a few facts and taking into consideration that in just under a year they headlined and sold out  King Tut's.

Dear Stars are the future of music, and I'm just sitting here patiently waiting the EP, but if it doesn't hurry up I don't know how much longer I can stay patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment