Tuesday 7 May 2013

Landed Festival

So the festival season has officially started. I love festivals, it's a chance to hear some great music and meet some truly amazing people that you probably wouldn't meet in everyday life. This weekend myself and the mighty Jiezuberband traveled down to Llandrindod Wells in Wales for Landed Festival. I have to say I've to many festivals in my life but the atmosphere at this one was just off the hook.

Jiezuberband took to the stage on Saturday and as usual they nailed it. They played a set that had something for everyone, but that's what they do and that's what makes these guys so special. For the rest of the weekend people just kept saying how much they loved the band and it's no surprise. My favourite quote however came from a man named Spartacus who approached John and myself on Sunday afternoon whilst trying to drag our arses through a field, he said that Jiezuberband were like "Aliens had beamed down from another planet to show us a new amazing way of life" and it's true.

I managed to catch a few other bands in between drinking copious amounts of alcohol in the beer tent, annoying the security guys and introducing myself to every single person that I walked by. Bombskare from Edinburgh were down there as well and I loved their set, they finished the weekend off perfectly for music. Land of Giants were also fantastic, two bands who you should definitely go and check out.

I remember telling everyone we met that "we're Scottish, we'll show you how to party" and I think we stuck to our word. I honestly think if I was to write a blog about the entire weekend then I would be here for days and it would take you days to read it.

Trying to get the Welsh to understand that we use the word C**t as a full stop and not as an actual insult was pretty easy as well.

All I'm going to say is that I will definitely be back down next year and from a personal point of view it's possibly one of the best festivals I've been at. 

I've also been told I actually done some work AND it was caught on camera which is a bonus. 16 hours there and back in a vehicle surrounded by what felt like half a warehouse and getting cramp was worth it. I'm looking forward to being back in Wales for Sonic Rock Solstice on June 21st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment