Saturday 11 May 2013

Sleazy Vultures & CHAOS!



It has been a while since any reviews have been posted here, mainly because over at UUC Management things have been incredibly hectic. No time to breathe but alas we have managed to get back on the ball with reviews. Last night I sent Sam along to see Chaos! at Ivory Blacks.


It’s been a while since I’ve done a review but I’m glad I got assigned this one, firstly I can say the night started off pretty wild with a country/rock band up front, I know it sounds crazy but they were probably one of the best on tonight. Anyway onto the review, up on the stage comes Sleazy Vultures, the guitarist with his SG, bassist with his Jaguar and they all look pretty serious. And with that they’re off, they have a particular warm tone. After playing the same chord for over a minute they kick into the song which… has the same chord playing still. Finally after a painful introduction they start the song. They have pretty decent stage coordination and have some heavy punk influences, I’m not very impressed with these lot and the singer could use a few singing lessons. Their second song grabs my attention a lot more with a synth playing through the guitar, but sadly this is ruined by a thrashing pre-verse that completely negates anything they did at the start. They claim the next song is a dancing song, I hope they’re right as enthusiasm drains from the crowd. They reclaim some respect as this song is a much better improvement, although still very much the same song as the others. The bass solo is absolutely amazing though, I have to give it to him; he knows how to slap that bass! The last song they did redeemed their pride, a whopping finish to a poor set.

Next up is Chaos! And I’m anxious to see the light. I tell you this gig has been so rocky I need a bloody pickaxe. But dear lord it’s starting and so far so good on the intro and it seems to keep getting better. Innovative guitar lines, heavy bass lines, from the start I could see that this band has talent. As their first song finishes I look forward to everything else on the menu. Their second song reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold, being my favourite band they really sparked my interest. The guitar solo progresses, what it lacks in complexity it makes up in melody. My favourite part of this song was definitely the solo/bridge following onto a smashing chorus. The only real criticism I could give CHAOS! is that they need a drummer,  if they can still create that same sound with a drummer, they will definitely have a future in this industry. The crowd claps their hands to the beats while others mosh around the room. The energy is definitely fixed on them throughout the set. All in all they were the best band there tonight, they had the best sound, melody and ideas, the other bands were just copying old tracks but Chaos! were the only ones who really shone out of the crowd. After their last song finished the crowd simmered down and everyone started packing up. A good end to a just about awesome night! If anyone is reading this and likes hard rock/metal music then I highly recommend going to see Chaos live in performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment