Saturday 2 February 2013

The Colour of Logic

As I said before I've been so busy that I've not had time to get any reviews typed up so I'm determined that this week I will work through every single thing that I've been sent and any gigs that I've been to. I'm going to start with 'The Colour of Logic'

I actually went along to 'Box' on Sauchiehall Street back in December to see this band perform in what was their first outing as a band. I know from experience that the first show as a band can be a nerve wracking experience, especially when you're performing in front of a crowd who have never heard of you or heard any of your material. However 'TCOL' managed to pull it out of the bag and then some. To watch them perform you would have thought that this band had been together for a number of years. If only they managed to fill up a bit more of the stage rather than looking stiff at certain points then this band could be up there with some of the best acts I've witnessed in the last twelve months.

I was actually sent some tracks a good while back to listen to and as most people do, you end up getting a favourite track and that's the one that really sticks with you. So I'm going to start with that one right now.

'Traveler in Time' just hit me like a car the first time I heard it. It has a strange sort of R.E.M feel about it, I can't quite place my finger on it. The composition of the track is really well crafted from start to finish and it really personifies the band as a whole.

'Beyond the stars' is another track from 'TCOL' which really is a stand out track. The song is not a heavy vocal based track like 'Traveler in Time' instead 'Beyond the Stars' really makes the craftsmanship on guitar stand through. There's actually something very Sam Pacetti'ish about the guitar work on this track that makes me love it.

The Colour of Logic are a fantastic group of musicians who appear to have came together and brought all their skills to the table. There's no over the top instrumentation, no hard to connect with lyrics. There's nothing but  pure talent within this group and it's a group who quite frankly could keep releasing tracks like what I've heard and I would buy every single one. I think to really get to know how fantastic this band are you really need to see them perform live. I for one am definitely a fan!

You can check out their Facebook by clicking right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment